Project 5: Week 4

The cognitive process I am studying is attention. I want to know the effect of music on attention. According to the department of education the graduation rate for high school students is very high. What could be the reason for this? What are students doing now that students before were not doing. There is no research being done on the new type of music that is out. For example, the artist Future brings a new meaning to the hip hop culture and music in general. There has been research done on how music affects performance. But I want to focus on one artist in particular. Future seems to be the only artist that young people seem to listen to. They listen to him when they are sad or happy. This artist has a great effect on people. I want to see if his music effects people’s performance. This project interests me because I also listen to future. He is all I listen to. When I listen to him I seem to be more focused on what I am doing. When talking among my peers recently one of them mentioned that they even walk differently when they listen to Future. I want to find out how much of an impact his music has on young people. It is very clear that Future has a big impact on music. Like people, say music is the key to mind. Music plays a huge role in the way we think and act. I want to see how Future’s music effects attention.

This entry was posted in Project 5 on by .

About Robert O. Duncan

I'm an Assistant Professor of Behavioral Sciences at City University of New York, with joint appointments in Neuroscience and Cognitive Neuroscience. I also have an appointment as a Visiting Scholar at New York University. My research interests include cognitive neuroscience, functional magnetic resonance imaging, glaucoma, neurodegenerative disorders, attention, learning, memory, educational technology, pedagogy, and developing games for education.