Project15-Week4

• Relate to Psychology
  1. Does the gene mutation MTHFR causes depression?
  2. Since I am studying 2 processes, I have realized that migraines and depression are connected. Migraines are so painful and suffering from frequent migraines can lead to someone being depressed.
  • This is a very important study that the public should educate themselves about. There is little research on this gene mutation. I was completely unaware about it until I was recently diagnosed with it. You have to refrain from eating folic acid (gluten) because the body cannot break it down. If I eat gluten products I get a headache. According to Samaan et, al. “A common polymorphism from the MTHFR gene, the C677T, has been reported to be associated with both migraine and depression independently”. So what I want to do is create a game that addresses this and educates people about this issue.
  • New research
  1. I am still trying to figure out what exactly I want to focus on. Some ideas I have is again does this lead to depression or lead to becoming an alcoholic
  2. I am still looking for some research articles to help me gain a better understanding.
This entry was posted in Project 15 on by .