Project15-Week6

Week 6 Milestone: Methods for Affects of Gene Mutation Game

Intro: This game is to help mid adolescence and early adulthood students understand the gene mutation MTHFR and still be able to be healthy. This game is supposed to be simple to understand and to show the effects when you do not keep up with the diets. images 3

Subjects:

1. Mid adolescence, early adulthood college/high school, all ethnicities with the gene mutation MTHFR
  2. Upper high school grades 11-12 (ages 16-18), college students (ages 18-24). Recruited through research pools, flyers posted up in schools. Children from urban areas. Public colleges with gene mutation and without.
  3. Control group: without the gene mutation

Experimental group: have the gene mutation

1. People included- with and without gene mutation
  2. People excluded- with gene mutation MTHFR and other health issues
  3. 19, males and females, all ethnicities, college, and high school

Apparatus

I feel a video game will be more effective for the idea I have. I was thinking to have the baby grow up and for the child to continue going through health issues and problems. Have the child-teenager make bad decisions and see how the player guides the child throughout.   Baby 1

1. Food is the stimuli, it causes a reaction depending on if you have the gene mutation, as the child gets older, alcohol and drugs can pop up as well to see how that may effect the health of the child
  2. Food pieces are created in the game and it will be circling aroung the child and you need to click the right foods to give the baby. The levels will get harder as you continue playing. And drugs and alcohol will be added to the game pieces.
  3. There is a health bar and the baby’s face changes depending on what the child eats to keep track of the responses.

Procedures

1. The babies with the sensitivity to gluten’s results and the healthy baby’s results are going to be compared. Baby 2
  2. the subjects in each condition need to feed the baby the right food. There will be food circling the baby and they have to think fast what foods are good.
  3. The directions are floating on top of the screen.
  4. Points and health of the baby is recorded throughout each level.

This entry was posted in Project 15 on by .