Project 7 – Week 8

In my Pre-Alpha Playtest, 6 subjects were used and they were recruited from Ocean Hill Collegiate Charter School (elementary age children). Besides the material used in the game, the data collected was presented through written observations; pen and paper. The game was presented by explaining the rules of the game to the subjects, in addition to a quick demonstration of how the game should be played. The conditions created included one subject being the “teacher” in the game while the other subjects were categorized as the “class”. The “teacher” was asked to teach the “class”; whereas, the “class” was to learn various dance moves being taught by the “teacher”. I collected data by observing the subjects and writing down the reactions/results of the experiment. The outcome of my experiment went fairly well. With the game’s original purpose to exercise memory (which it did), it also turns out that the game employs the subjects to engage on a social interactive level resulting in the development of a higher self-esteem or confidence levels.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized on by .

About Robert O. Duncan

I'm an Assistant Professor of Behavioral Sciences at City University of New York, with joint appointments in Neuroscience and Cognitive Neuroscience. I also have an appointment as a Visiting Scholar at New York University. My research interests include cognitive neuroscience, functional magnetic resonance imaging, glaucoma, neurodegenerative disorders, attention, learning, memory, educational technology, pedagogy, and developing games for education.