PROJECT-11 WEEK 10

BLACK IN AMERICA

PROGRESS

My game was unable to be tested but we talked about it in class and some important things were brought forth to be addressed. For this forum the subjects included my professor and fellow classmates. The only condition was that they were all novice to the game. The class consisted of mostly minorities and our professor who was Caucasian.

BRAINSTORM RESULTS

We used a white board to brainstorm ideas for how the game can play out. After taking into account the information I decided on a linear texted base game modeling the old fashion “Choose Your Own Adventure” story books. The player will go through chapters that highlight the different steps one goes through as they develop—elementary school, high school, college, then career.at each junction they will be given choices that affect the choices they will be able to make in the future. One new element I decided to add after the forum is the ability to die earlier than intended. The initial idea was to play through the entire story each time with different outcomes. To give the players more room for fun there will be characters that if the interaction is bad enough they will be able to come back in later chapters to cause trouble. Another thing we discussed was including RMA that affected all minorities. Doing this would make the game a lot longer and harder to predict so I decided to stay with the initial idea of focusing on African Americans for this version. I was having a hard time coming up with decent microaggressions so I decided to lookup commonly used ma and modify them to make the ones used in game more realistic.

PROCEDURE

The two conditions compared will be frequent interactions involving RMA and interactions that have no RMA and the choice will be up to the player. To explain this and other rules/conditions there will be choices at menu screens and “hint” options in game for players who want to learn about what the game encompasses and the point of the game. The players who do not wish to know do not have to and can just play the game without any deeper understanding.

CONCLUSION

The outcome was just another set of necessary changes that need to be made to make the game more fun and accessible to players.

PROTOTYPING PROGRESS

I am rapping up the second prototype and learning much. I have completed the first level with one minor issue that I will skip for now because there is much more important things to learn. The issue occurs once I play the program. Once I start the program after a few seconds the Castle’s top levels collapse.

p1

Aside from that all the physics are in place and I can proceed to making the other Castles. The clouds, projectile speed, screen tracking and other aspects are fully functioning.p2p3

p4

I have learned about how to set appropriate colliders create scrolling back drops and what I consider to be most useful, how to quickly insert code by using tab and the first letter of the words included in the command I am trying to enter.

p5p6

This entry was posted in Project 11 on by .