FA16-Project16 Week 4

Gender has a major impact on depression. Does one gender face depression more than the other? If so, what are the causes and what are the pressures from society that cause them to be depressed? In my research project I will investigate and try to pinpoint the reason behind this diagnosis and find a trend among these genders that spark depression. The project will make a novel contribution to the field, if there is a solution or something that can be done to prevent depression of both genders, then it should be done. Not everyone knows what a person goes through when they are depressed nor do they know how to deal with it, it is important that this is being investigated because it is giving me a chance to see the pressure both genders endure on a daily basis. This research project interests me incredibly, being a woman I am faced with a lot of pressures from society so I can use this and compare this to men, and gather Intel on both genders. My future career involves being a nurse and I definitely want to make my patients comfortable and understand the pressures they face every day. Also, I want them to feel as if I know what they’re going through without actually having to go through it. While depression has a wide range of causes, gender has the most impact.

This entry was posted in FA16-Project 16 on by .

About Robert O. Duncan

I'm an Assistant Professor of Behavioral Sciences at City University of New York, with joint appointments in Neuroscience and Cognitive Neuroscience. I also have an appointment as a Visiting Scholar at New York University. My research interests include cognitive neuroscience, functional magnetic resonance imaging, glaucoma, neurodegenerative disorders, attention, learning, memory, educational technology, pedagogy, and developing games for education.