FA16-Project 2: Week 6

2a1d4c5d0da230f2a486dc816689c9a6

How Can An Educational Board Game Benefit It’s Players 

For this week’s assignment, I put my stimulus to the test. My study focuses on school age children between the ages of 7 and 12. The participants were both boys and girls. They were recruited based on their ages and mostly family, with   a few friends. The experimental and control groups were selected at random to ensure unbiased results. To start the study I had all the children play a game of monopoly to get their focus on playing games and working together. After a  simple game of monopoly I separated the two teams. The experimental group played the stimulus while the control group continued playing a game of monopoly. The stimulus was a trivia like board game. The trivia questions were based on topics they were learning in school. If the player got the question right they spun a spinner that determined the number of space to move around the board. If they got the question wrong they had to move one space back. The first player to make it around the board won the game. The stimulus I created was presented like any other board game. The players were encouraged to have fun and try their best. The players were unaware of the questions beforehand therefore they had no way of finding out the correct answers before the game started. The responses of each player was recorded in notebook to keep track of every players attitude. I believe educational games will benefit its players and improve their cognitive learning, behavioral development and social skills. The study is to test this hypothesis and decide whether its true or not. The experimental group were eager to play the stimulus and participated to the best of their ability. They had a test on Friday and should have their grade on Monday so the study will have some results as of next week. I plan on repeating this experiment to see if the results are the same or different. My hopes are that each player benefited from the game and therefore proves my hypothesis correct.

This entry was posted in FA16-Project 2 on by .