FA16-Project 16-Week 14

For this game I used 5 subjects. Three of them were family members and the other 2 were people I did not know so well. I chose these five people based on several criteria. All of these five people were going through some sort of downtime in their life and dealing with a stage of depression. All of my subjects had to undergo some stage of depression otherwise using them as a subject would be pointless. Most of my subjects pointed they were not going through depression and that they were just feeling down. Some were more advanced than others and the advanced staged had me doubting how effective this game would be. One thing that also helped me gain the trust of my subjects, was incorporating my personal experience of depression. Even though, I am 20 years old I went through depression, it wasn’t so clear to me at the time that it was depression but now that I look back on that stage in my life it definitely was. I compare their progress from the beginning to the end. I think it is important there is a before and after, because people would see themselves every day and never notice a difference until you show them a picture of how they looked before, then they see the progress they made. I recently started taking pictures and video diaries, I think the happiness and sadness is more evident with a video diary. Most importantly I compare their mood. Exercise is so much more than physical appearance it has to do with the mood of a person, working out every day will improve the moods of my subjects, therefore getting rid of their depression once and for all. I collected data with before and after pictures and also having my subjects tell me how playing this game is helping their depression.

This game is essentially making a difference in the lives of these individuals. It is helping them cope with their depression and also manage their depression. They are feeling better without the use of an antidepressant or other medication that can cause suicidal tendencies. I feel like there is a natural way to do everything it just takes some trial and error to get to that solution, not every disease requires a prescription pad. I could easily refer my subjects to a therapist but I do believe that there is natural way to overcome the darkest periods in your life. The number of women who found my game beneficial outnumbered the men. The mean number of days for a surge in weight loss were 15 for the women and for the men it was still 60 days. My results indicate that the women were more dedicated to this game, which also leads me to believe they value how they see themselves more than the men.

This entry was posted in FA16-Project 16 on by .