Week 15

Discussion

A stressor is the trigger of the recreational drug use –focusing mainly on alcohol use-among college students. My results support my thesis in that whenever the players were presented with a stressful situation in they were drank more. In the three playtests that I conducted there were more losses than wins. This was due to the decision the player made, which was to drink instead of finding another outlet for their stress. Using this game as an alternative for drinking when stressed can reduce the risk of drinking problems down the road. Also, by understanding what causes a person to drink, which the game attempts to do, will help to advance this study to better help solve the drinking epidemic. Potential problems with this study is that the experiment does not cover all the possible reasons why one may turn to drinking. The experiment focuses only on stressful situations and predominantly situations pertaining to school. It does not address other life stressors. A future experiment could be to incorporate other life stressors into the game and see how the game may or may not help.

This entry was posted in FA16-Project 23 on by .