Project 14- Week 1

I played the game “That’s Your Right”. This game is a card game meant to teach students who are in middle school/ high school about the first ten amendments. I found the game to be fun but a little too easy in my perspective. To play this game I clicked on the link provided by this website http://www.gamesforchange.org/play/thats-your-right/. Then I clicked begin and I chose my level. The first time I played the game I was a little confused but after 2-3 minutes I understood what I needed to do. The way the game is played is I first choose 4 amendments out of the 10 that I would like to learn about. Then throughout the game I had to match the amendment with the corresponding scenario. This tactic is to help the players understand what the amendment is and how to use it correctly. The game was meant for 2 players or more, if you chose single player the game would generate another player for you. The end goal of the game was to reach 60 point before the other player. The accumulation of points occurred when pairing the amendment with the right scenario. This tactic was meant to motivate the players to comprehend what the amendment’s purpose is and use it properly. After playing the game, I filled out my rubric for Week 1, which I honestly had some trouble with. Somethings in the rubric I felt did not apply to the game I played. Overall, I enjoyed playing the game.

This entry was posted in Project 14 on by .

About Robert O. Duncan

I'm an Assistant Professor of Behavioral Sciences at City University of New York, with joint appointments in Neuroscience and Cognitive Neuroscience. I also have an appointment as a Visiting Scholar at New York University. My research interests include cognitive neuroscience, functional magnetic resonance imaging, glaucoma, neurodegenerative disorders, attention, learning, memory, educational technology, pedagogy, and developing games for education.