Project 9- Week 4

Often times I walk around and see homeless people and I feel very sorry for them. I wonder how they became that way and why can’t they find a job to make things better for themselves. But i realize that most homeless people cant find a job becashutterstock_96134681use they don’t have an skills or money to get what they want. Everyone becomes homeless for different reasons. But I realize that over a long period of time being homeless on the street homeless people develop skills. They can read people and know how to talk to people in order to get what they want. They also develop many other skills. Therefore if they use those same exact skills they might be able to find a good job base on those skills they have developed.

The unsolved problem my study will address is the fact that homeless people cannot find a job because they lack skills. I am going to prove that being homeless over a long period of time, will eventually prove that homeless people develop skills that they are not aware of which can be helpful.The cognitive processes I am studying are perceptionhelp the homelessn and judgment. I want to study the effects of perception and judgment on behavior.

This research project is socially relevant because it gives the homeless an opportunity to become somebody in their life. They will use the cognitive processes perception and judgment to develop their behavior in order to find a job which suits them.

I am very interesting in doing this study because often times i feel sorry for homeless people and i will do anything to help them.

This entry was posted in Project 9 on by .

About Robert O. Duncan

I'm an Assistant Professor of Behavioral Sciences at City University of New York, with joint appointments in Neuroscience and Cognitive Neuroscience. I also have an appointment as a Visiting Scholar at New York University. My research interests include cognitive neuroscience, functional magnetic resonance imaging, glaucoma, neurodegenerative disorders, attention, learning, memory, educational technology, pedagogy, and developing games for education.