Project 17 – Week 8

Today I put my experiment into practice. My overall result was phenomenal. I was very proud of the overall outcome of this experiment because of the amount of people that decided to participate in it. I had a large group of twenty people. The game was quiet simple, they were instructed to just just dance within a circle and move to the rhythm of the music. One person will be at the center dancing with a broom until the music stops. Once the music stops everyone should be able to find a pair. Thus, the person who could not make a pair and is left without a pair will be instructed to leave the game. Similarly I did this with soft slow motion music and the result was a bit different. Many of my subjects we either bored and dis motivated. Ultimately as a result I was able to observe that people enjoy fast upbeat music. This evidently shows that social anxieties can be solved by just having a good time. with the right factors helping reinforce people to a more comfortable position this will essentially give them that push to break free from their shells.

This entry was posted in Project 17 on by .

About Robert O. Duncan

I'm an Assistant Professor of Behavioral Sciences at City University of New York, with joint appointments in Neuroscience and Cognitive Neuroscience. I also have an appointment as a Visiting Scholar at New York University. My research interests include cognitive neuroscience, functional magnetic resonance imaging, glaucoma, neurodegenerative disorders, attention, learning, memory, educational technology, pedagogy, and developing games for education.