FA16- Project 2: Week 4

images

The topic I have decided to research is “The Effects of Violent Video Games on Adolescents.” I chose this topic because it is always something that has interested me. I have many little cousins that play video games consistently and I believe their attitudes and aggression has changed because of this. Everyday children younger and younger are playing violent video games that their parents buy for them. My hope is to bring awareness to parents of the affects these video games has on their child. I do believe some video games help children learn and development but the violent ones that encourage crime is taking its toll on the next generation. Games like “Grand Theft Auto” are encouraging it’s players to commit crime. The whole point of the game is to steal cars, sell drugs and cause harm to  society. This game is rated M for mature which means you have to be 17 years of age to buy it but many parents are buying these games for their children which is setting a bad example. Many parents do not realize the message these games are sending but I’m hoping that after bringing awareness to this topic parents will think twice about buying their children violent video games.

Thesis: Playing violent video games has caused children to behave more aggressively.

This entry was posted in FA16-Project 2 on by .