FA16-Project 10-Week 6

This week for my research project, I had to complete the methods section and try to figure out how I would find a solution to the problem discussed in my project. To begin, my population of interest is kids who range from ages 13-16, because I feel at those ages kids are more into video games that aren’t always about racing, but some violent games are being played as well. My study focuses on only males. They are Junior High and some High School kids. These kids are from all over the world and they were informed by participating in this experiment, they would receive course credit for free. In this experiment there would be two groups which both consist of 10 males participants. Both groups are required to fill out a questionnaire that asked them to rate on a scale from 1-10 how often they play video games and how are they doing academically. Participants in one group would be able to play videos to see if they would be able to focus on work after, while participants in the second group wouldn’t be able to play video games. Those who aren’t playing video games, would instead play a sport, such a basketball. In this experiment we are comparing the effect of video games on ADHD.

Participants were asked to keep track of when 2 hours were up for those playing video games and for those playing basketball. Keeping track of how long they were playing is important in order for this experiment to be consistent. Participants were told that they were being used for an experiment and we were testing their concentration skills after playing games to those who aren’t playing video games.This experiment lasted 2 months, and data was collected every two weeks. At the end of the two weeks participants were given a questionnaire and asked to rate on a scale from 1-10 if they feel their attention span increased, decreased, or stayed the same.

This entry was posted in FA16-Project 10 on by .