Week 3-project 1

The game I played for this week was called Mission by David Rust-Smith. Overall the main objective of this game is to introduce players the difficulties and obstacles that were confronted through their lives as homeless people. This game was both very helpful and interesting because of the real life experiences being told through a game. In One setting I was given an avatar of a rust looking shoe, this shoe, however, played an important role in this persons life.  As the game advances you reach different types of people and obstacles that either meant something valuable or significant to the persons life or just ultimately destroyed them. The functions of this game were used through three simple buttons (left arrow, right arrow, up arrow). Some of the conflicts introduced in this game were obstacles such as people are simply finding food. However, one technically difficulty that delayed my game play was the up arrow which was used to jump. when trying to jump it never almost worked. The avatar would either buffer or just freeze up. Overall this game was still very informational because of its story-line. Some of the most important things I learned fro this game was sympathizing with homeless people a bit more. No one truly knows what they have been through because to us every day may be a passive day in regular routine. But to them everyday is one more day at a chance to survival.

This entry was posted in Project 17 on by .

About Robert O. Duncan

I'm an Assistant Professor of Behavioral Sciences at City University of New York, with joint appointments in Neuroscience and Cognitive Neuroscience. I also have an appointment as a Visiting Scholar at New York University. My research interests include cognitive neuroscience, functional magnetic resonance imaging, glaucoma, neurodegenerative disorders, attention, learning, memory, educational technology, pedagogy, and developing games for education.