Project 3 – Week 4

This week i research a couple of articles based on my research study for this game that I will be designing. Initially I wanted to focus on music therapy and autism disorder and examine how heavy stimulated verses lightly stimulated music will be more effective in treating this disorder. But a recent debate of the uses of marijuana pushed me to focus on this. The benefits as well as the negative aspect of marijuana use in adolescents.

Today in our society there are many negative perceptions of marijuana. This cannabis drug is studied to be a suppressant, it provides users with a temporary high and negatively affects ones ability to focus. Its taught to to be viewed as a gateway drug , yet in some countries this drug is used to treat cancer patients and also for other medical treatments. In my overall study I want to develop a game which will explain both the pros and the cons of this drug.

One thing that stood out to me in the process of my research was the effects that marijuana plays on a persons attention and impulsive behaviors. This study will focus on examining how marijuana affects the cognitive and behavioral process.  It can be said that when smoking marijuana one my display high impulsive behaviors despite hazy or low attention quality. I don’t have an exact thesis yet, but i’m hoping that with more research I will be able to determine and take an exact stance.

This entry was posted in Project 3 on by .