Health Genie:

Conclusion-  I made a mistake…. Sad-face

My thesis originally, “It is predicted that the gene
mutation is associated with migraines and
depression which leads individuals to become
alcohol dependent”. I had to change this because I
have no data proving this. My game was about
educating young adults to the gene mutation
MTHFR. My thesis now is, it is predicted that the

gene mutation is associated with causing health issues; educating people about it can help prevent bad health. The people who randomly played my game had no idea about it. When they played the game, they chose the wrong foods and lost points. After playing the game I let them know how common this is and the symptoms that some of them were interested in knowing more about it. My thesis is not solving anything. It is just informing people on another type of deficiency. Letting people know about other health defects is always beneficial because if they have it or someone they know does, they can start changing their diet to feel better. The studies I looked to were trying to find a connection between the gene mutation and depression or having a migraine with an aura. There was data proving these ideas. I stopped looking at what exactly my old thesis was about and trying to create a simple game. 

This entry was posted in Project 15 on by .

About Robert O. Duncan

I'm an Assistant Professor of Behavioral Sciences at City University of New York, with joint appointments in Neuroscience and Cognitive Neuroscience. I also have an appointment as a Visiting Scholar at New York University. My research interests include cognitive neuroscience, functional magnetic resonance imaging, glaucoma, neurodegenerative disorders, attention, learning, memory, educational technology, pedagogy, and developing games for education.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.