Project 5: Week 15

Music from the 20th century has more of a positive effect on emotion than 21st century. My results showed that a mean of 85 students reported they felt a positive change in their emotion when they listened to music from the 20th century music than when they listened to music from the 21st century. Depression is a rising issue in the U.S. More people are depression now than they were years ago. My experiment answers that. It proves that music is one of the leading causes of depression. Now that we understand how much music effects depression, we have an idea of what to do and what not to do. If we know that something is purposely causing a negative effect on our emotion, we can stay away from it. The more people that stay away from negative music the more emotionally healthy people there will be.  Other studies neglected to pay attention to the genre of music. It is very critical to pay attention to the genre. As different genres have different effects on emotion. The implication is the music from the 21st century causes a negative effect on a person’s mood which causes them to eventually become depressed. Music is heard and seen now more than ever. With all the technology we have now there are so many different ways to be influenced. Future studies can look at the different genders. The study will answer whether or not males or females are more negatively affected by music from the 21st century.

This entry was posted in Project 5 on by .