FA 16- Project 2: Week 12

I really enjoyed watching the children play my game and to see how much they loved it. The look on their faces when they got questions correct was priceless. They were so excited and cheerful as well as proud of themselves. They cheered for each other and were so eager to play. They were recruited based on their age and people I knew. The children were all in the same class and trying to study for their science test. The questions were based on the science topics they are currently learning and being tested on. The rules of the game have not change nor will they. The players are unaware of the questions beforehand and are told they must spin a spinner in order to move their game piece. If the player gets the questions correct they remove the game piece if they get the question wrong they do not move the game piece. Before each game the players are read the rules and conditions to make sure they understand the objective of the game. When taking notes based on the players I focused on each players involvement and focus during the game. I also documented how many questions each player had and how many they got correct. Player 1 had to answer 10 questions and got 7 correct. Player 2 had to answer 10 questions as well and got 9 correct. Player 3 had 9 questions to answer and got 9 correct as well and player 4 had 9 questions to answer and got 8 correct. Each player did very well and felt prepared for their test. The parents said they only reviewed briefly before the test and each player scored extremely well on their test. The children loved studying this way and thought it really helped. The children in the beginning did not even realize they were studying they just thought they were having fun and playing a board game. I am eager to see how much my game can help students.

This entry was posted in FA16-Project 2 on by .