Project 23 Week 6

my population of interest for my game is preteens. my interest of population is children at the age 10-13 year. they were recruited randomly. my experimental group : kids that play the game in an informal setting, control group: kids that play the game in the formal setting. my subjects are 10-13 years old. the only criteria that was used is to see if the students is the same age in school records. kids over the age of 13 was excluded. kids with any disability was excluded. the average age of the subjects were 10-13 years. there will be 10 girls and 10 boys in each group. ethnicity didn’t matter and education, they had to be in middle school. they were given coupons for kids meal at restaurants and baseball game tickets. yes they did receive course credit. materials that was used in this experiment are classroom, museum, the game on a device, test, measuring game scores and test scores. my stimuli is having an iPad where kids with partners learn definitions in different environments with freedom to skip levels and without freedom to skip levels to see who can understand a word better with definitions. the stimuli was presented when the students start playing the game and when they are randomly picked to be in each setting. the responses were measured by score on the game and the test they take afterwards. no other equipments are included. the conditions i created was having them in pairs to learn each definitions and comparing what difference can informal and formal setting can do to them and also checking if giving them freedom to learn the definitions can make it much entertaining for them to remember the lesson. subjects in formal setting was set up in pairs and given definitions of words in an iPad with a picture to figure out the right word for each definition in order from level 1 to 10. subjects in informal setting was set up in pairs as well and given definitions of words in an iPad with a picture to figure out the right word for each definition in any order they want and skip levels if they want. i explained it to the subjects by just telling them how some of them will be playing the game in class and some will be taken to go somewhere and play the game and they will do an activity on who learned more on definitions of words. i collected my data after the played the game, i took down the game score and they took a test.

This entry was posted in Project 23 on by .