FA 16- Project 2: Week 8

img_4983

Smarty Pants: The Trivia Game For Everyone!

This week I decided to test my game on teenagers, all college level. There were 2 groups, the experimental group, which had 4 teenagers who played the game I created and the control group, who played a non-educational game. They were recruited based on their age and also based on people I knew. The subjects were between the ages of 18-22. The rules of the game did not change. They still had to answer questions correctly in order to move their game piece around the board. The only thing that changed were the questions they had to answer. The players were informed of the rules and conditions before the game started and they must agree to follow them before starting the game. I told the players that the game was testing their knowledge to see if playing an educated game would help them learn. The materials I used to collect data were a pen and a notebook. I watched both groups and wrote down each player’s attitudes at different points in the game. Responses were measured based on attitudes when a player was winning, losing or waiting for another player to answer The game was presented like all other games. The rules were read to ensure each player understood how to play. The players were unaware of the questions until it was their turn to answer a question. The outcomes was just as I predicted, the group playing the game I created was very involved and had great sportsmanship throughout the game. This group felt that the questions asked during the game really tested their knowledge of the subject and challenged them. While the controlled group were at times very competitive and did not feel like their knowledge was tested. I believe my hypothesis was proven right. I predicted that the experimental group would learn more and be more involved then the controlled group.

This entry was posted in FA16-Project 2 on by .